Sunday, July 10, 2016

Running Itself

Last week, Carolsue said these infamous words: "I give Mr. Ex-Partner six months before he puts all of his homes in property management." Though I know Mr. Partner is absolutely, 100 percent against using a property management company (they cost money), I countered with six weeks. I think we are both wrong.

Over the weekend, I have heard from two tenants of the homes he manages. One is moving for sure. The other wrote me and bluntly said, "I don't like this guy." Given he cc'd me on both of the e-mails he wrote to these folks (I wish he would stop doing that), I am not sure I blame them. General basics of "please" and "thank you" go a long way in society in general--even if you aren't in the South.

Additionally, Carolsue sent him a "Howdy, would you like some help," note and he promptly dismissed her (and cc'd me on it). So, I am not sure how he plans on finding new tenants and showing the homes if he doesn't use property management or Carolsue.

Long ago, before any of our homes were in property management and I was spending hours every day dealing with tenant issues, Mr. Ex-Partner bragged to a bunch of people in my ear-shot that this accidental business "runs itself!" For the past 10 days, he's been watching Alabama "run itself". I bet he doesn't think that now.


1 comment:

Ernie said...

Mr. Ex-Partner is now fully enrolled in the college of hard knocks.....I'm not certain that he will graduate with top honors...or at all....