Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Mr. Partner

Lest you think I wish to kick Mr. Partner in the shins and spill his strawberry ice cream cone all over the ground, I don't. I actually like Mr. Partner. I have known him for about 20 years. I know I will like him better when he and I aren't involved in anything financial. Uncle Sunshine once told the the only kind of ship that doesn't float is a partnership.

Mr. Partner actually had more experience in property management than I did when this started. I relied on his advice. However, I quickly overtook him in knowledge, but that doesn't mean I don't respect him or the role he has played in our accidental business. I also realize, as a real estate agent, I am trained to play for a win-win solution. Mr. Partner is not. Some of my decisions weren't as long-term profitable as his would be. Some of his decisions would have netted us more up front, but harmed us in the long run.

Also, I am not certain Mr. Partner realizes there is a learning curve and initiation process to do business in the South. The South is a different culture. I caught on quickly (I am pleased to say). I am not sure Mr. Partner will. He may even try to go in with his Yankee ways and find out there are people more passive aggressive than him out there. I don't wish that for him. He and Mrs. Partner are really great people and I want the best for them.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

I'm not 100% certain...but I do believe passive aggression was invented in the south. We do it to perfection. One never really knows what we're thinking which can make us rather formidable.