Friday, March 19, 2010

Jumping Jack

Our tenant agreed to let us show the home. As he put it, "we will agree to your terms." Which was mighty nice of him, given our "terms" were let a real estate agent call ahead of time and schedule a moment at his convenience to view the property. In exchange we will let him out of his lease.

However, Jack seems to be backing off on the whole sell thing. I am not sure what is going on with that. He said he is afraid we will be nickel-and-dimed by a seller about every little thing. Somehow this is way different than being nickel-and-dimed by our tenant about every little thing.

At any rate, Jack isn't feeling like we can sell it for enough or doesn't want to deal with it. Or... I don't exactly know his motivation. I am willing to do whatever it takes. As long as we do something.

My gut feel tells me Jack is just nervous about a vacant home. But doing nothing won't get the home occupied.

Later....

It occurred to me that Jack just doesn't want to disappoint us. I would like to get a bit of equity out of it, and he hasn't felt we could sell the home for much more than we paid for it. We won't loose money, but in Jack's professional estimation we aren't going to do much more than break even. Jack is all for selling. We were luke-warm on it, but the more I thought about the intrinsics--like having one less house on my plate and using the proceeds to help our under-capitalized issues--the more I was in favor.

When I thought about it, Jack's behavior strikes me as trying to find other solutions that would be mutually pleasing. Not flaking. It was just landing as flaking. Hopefully when he and I have a chance to chat in the next day or so, I will have a better picture.

No comments: