Saturday, March 06, 2010

Gratitude

As a mental exercise, every morning before getting out of bed, I say a quick prayer and list off what I am grateful for. I have been doing this for quite a while. It really helps put things in perspective.

Today's list:

I am grateful for Kirby and his property management services. Kirby is handling two of my homes. Only two. But, I find just having two homes off my shoulders to be a huge release.

I am grateful for Carolsue helping me out. She provides legal advice, some footwork and a road map to the Southern culture.

I am grateful to Bliz for her illustrious bookkeeping skills and all of her Bliz-dom she has been giving me since high school. I am grateful that she tolerates me too.

I am grateful for my business partners. Even the ones I don't see eye to eye with.

I am grateful for opportunities. A vacant home is an opportunity to provide a serivce to someone who needs a place to live. It is an opportunity to have our asset taken care of. Opportunities come in all shapes and sizes. I have opportunities to meet interesting people I would never have had the honor of knowing.

Later today, I leave for Alabama. I am grateful for Marty taking care of all things domestic while I am gone. I am confident the kids will be fed (even if it is chocolate cake for breakfast) and bathed at least once. I am grateful I probably won't hear about how Buckaroo and Polly rode their scooters through the house until two weeks after I get back. And, when I return, I will be grateful to be home.

No comments: