Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What am I Supposed to Do With This?

My quest to have ONE week without Ms. Betty contacting me failed again. On Sunday I got the following e-mail. This was the entire note:

We cleaned the whole building out and went to the dump the yard is clean we will cut the grass next weekend

Never have I had any tenants make a point to tell me when they are doing yard work. Except Mrs. 508--but that was a special circumstance--I asked.

All her grammar issues aside. Seriously, what am I supposed to do with this? Is there a hidden subtext? Is this a test? If I don't write back have I failed?

If I do write back and say something like, "Gee, good to know. Thanks" will that be the right thing to say? Will she feel the need to send me more rude e-mails if I don't say "Wow! Good for you!" with the right amount of enthusiasm?

And, why tell me about the lawn? We don't chat. We aren't friendly. And, I am not sure I even like her any more. I don't contact her when I am doing dishes. I don't see a need to share with her when I am folding laundry. All of this familiarity is weirding me out.

When I asked Marty what the correct thing to do was, he said, "post it on your blog."

5 comments:

Nancy Case said...

My guess is that she wants something from you. This is how she is buttering you up.

Fiona D. said...

And that is EXACTLY what I am afraid of. She is already getting a dishwasher...

Anonymous said...

My advise would be to carefully monitor your mail because one day very soon the rent check will arrive (minus the cost of them cleaning up the yard).

Fiona D. said...

Then I would finally have a reason to evict her and get her out of my life. Whoo Hoo!!!!

Anonymous said...

that really sounds like the perfect solution! She cleans out the garage and the yard AND she moves?? I'm liking that scenario.