Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Belligerent Toddlers

I am convinced that my motherhood training has ultimately led me to this moment--dealing with my terrible twosome. Just like my own kids, one needs a stronger hand, one needs a gentler hand, same with Mr. Richards and Mrs. Martin.

I heard from both tenants on Monday. Mr. Richards called to tell me yes, he sent the rent. Here is when I could expect the next installment. As far as he was concered, he was ready for me to give him a gold star.

I also heard from Mrs. Martin, who, like every other month for the past several, can't seem to figure out where the stamp goes on the envelope, what my mailing address happens to be and where a post office is located in her city.

However, yesterday's voice mail apparently scared her enough that she is now going to send me a "second check" which is a loan from her parents. The "second check" is because I didn't get the "first check" that she voluntarily said she sent two weeks ago and I still haven't received. I should get this "second check" later this week. And, would I please call her immediately when this "second check" comes in because she would like to leave the time-out corner.

2 comments:

BusyMommy said...

The good news is... well, at least the rent is coming... maybe...

Fiona D. said...

For the last couple of months, I would panic about this and the rent always came. Some people need more prodding than others.