Thursday, March 12, 2009

His Final Offer

Mr. Richards wants a new lease.

He is using an unusual negotiation technique. It is akin to a teen ager telling his partents, ok... I will only borrow your car if I can be home by curfew, drive the speed limit and I insist on filling up the tank before I return the car to you. This is my final offer.

And, me saying, Ok, you will only borrow your car if you are home by curfew, drive the speed limit, fill up the tank and wash it before you return the car to me.

You see, Mr. Richard's lease isn't up. I have never fully grasped why he thinks this is the case. But if he wants a new lease. I am happy to oblidge. Because in his old lease, I didn't have the foresight to include remedies to Mr. Richard's-prone behaviors that drive me out of my mind.

In the mean-time, I am holding his new lease out of arm's reach, telling him I am waiting for the full rent to come in before I give in. As soon as he is caught up (which according to him is in a few weeks and so far he is doing really well with getting caught up), I will pass out his new and improved lease.

1 comment:

BusyMommy said...

works out for everyone, I guess:)