Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good Bye to Him and Good Luck to Us

My current favorite tenant is leaving--which looses him favorite tenant status. He rents out the house Jack and I own together. He is one of my favorites because his rent is always early, he doesn't call me when the bathroom towel bar falls off and every time I drive by the place is immaculate.

He is leaving for financial reasons. And, he has been pretty great about the whole thing, offering to clean it before he goes and even offering to show it.

I don't want him showing it to potential tenants. Who knows if I am his favorite landlord. Or, if he has a long-standing personality issue with Jack. Or if the dishwasher never worked right and he forgot to mention it and bothers to tell the new potential tenant. Or if he manipulated me somehow and I didn't know it and here are some potential tips for the next tenant. But the real reason is Jack and I are licensed agents and we want to keep our licenses. That means we show it--or more to the point, Jack shows it. Safer that way.

Jack has already listed the house on Craig's list and put it on our own web site. Hopefully it won't be vacant too long.

1 comment:

BusyMommy said...

Crossing my fingers for you!