Thursday, January 01, 2009

Well... Happy New Year to Me

And, to my four readers, a very Happy New Year's to you too!

It turns out Heather and her Marine/police man husband just aren't going to work out. That's fine with me. And, it isn't because Ernie told me not to rent to them (though I am certain she meant it with a great deal of sisterly protection).

I sent over the lease on Saturday. It was to start at 12:01 January 1, 2009. However, because I never received the lease and no money changed hands, it is not a valid contract. Therefore, I am not renting to them. And, at this point, I can gleefully tell them this.

Actually, I told Heather this in an e-mail earlier yesterday. I told her she had until 5 p.m. to contact me or produce the lease. If she didn't I would assume she made other housing arrangements.

I am pleased to tell you my phone is ringing off the hook for this house in Moody. I have a few people who say they are very interested. If not them, I am running an ad this weekend and I haven't even posted the home on Craig's List just yet. So, there is hope. And, it won't be some spoiled brat 20 year old who feels a sense of entitlement to spend my money on useless things like replacing fully functioning doors and lumber to replace a perfectly stable back deck.

2 comments:

Joy N. said...

Happy New Year to you too Sally!
These writings about your tenants must be completely therapeutic. I had NO idea that you had this much going on.... sorry for not being more supportive!

Fiona D. said...

I am fine, my friend. There is humor and joy in everything!