Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What More Could A Girl Want?

It appears I have again found a renter for the home in Moody. A nice woman with a stable income and two children. She grew up in this remote patch of neighborhood. She knows the area. She knows the neighbors too.

No, no. Not those neighbors. But other living, breathing people on the street who don't like my former tenants. This leads me to believe she probably won't have my former tenants over for Easter brunch. Having the former tenants worm their way back into that house or trounce my reputation as a landlord has been a concern. I was really relieved when, after I broke the news that the former tenants still live on the street, she didn't run. In fact, that didn't phase her at all.

If there was one right thing she could have said, she certainly nailed it, "I hear they were a bit rough on that house. Just so you know, that isn't how I treat other people's property."

One of the things that impressed me was that she is currently living in Leeds and wants to leave that town as soon as possible. Actually, she wants her kids to go to school in Moody. But, anyone who wants to purposely leave Leeds gets extra brownie points in my book.

And, if this couldn't get any better, she signed a two year lease and I got the monthly rent I wanted!

No comments: