Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh No He Didn't

I am thinking about taking back all the nice things I ever said about Kirby.

Wednesday night--while I was busy fretting about how the hell I was going to pay the property taxes due in 23 days, Kirby sent me an e-mail. In it he said:
Been very busy around here lately and the holidays just slow things down more. Leeds is either going to be tough one to rent or it is just because it is close to the holidays and no one is going to want to move at this time of year. I thought I had a couple who were going to bring the application back and move quickly if they were approved but I have not heard back from them since I showed it to them last week. They were iffy at best and they must have realized that. Not getting many calls at all from the newspaper either.

Well now! I know Leeds is tough to rent. In fact, if you have read my blog a couple of times you probably know it isn't a walk in the park either.

But before Kirby's e-mail, I had hope. Hope this joint would have a family sooner than later. Hope that asking for a higher deposit from the four unmarried people with no rental history was the right thing--and them getting upset and leaving because they didn't want to play by those rules would then lead me to a better tenant.

You know... the general kind of hope. Now, not so much.

I am a worrier and a fretter by nature. I have been so proud of myself this year for keeping it together up until these past two months. I have been proud I created a business strategy and we were able to follow it--and even make it work. I even put my fears aside and let Fate run its course.

I am going on three months with no tenant in Leeds. Granted, it is not our most expensive mortgage. But I could really use it rented right now.

And more than that, I could really use an encouraging word or two from Kirby.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

I'm sure he was just covering his bases just in case. It is a tough time of the year, as you know. However, that doesn't mean it won't get rented before January, it just means that it might not.