Monday, December 13, 2010

Her Loss

Yesterday, I had a voice mail from a caller with a restricted phone number waiting on my Birmingham cell. The message went something like this:

"Hello, I am interested in the house you have for rent in the paper. I just got custody of my five grandchildren and need a place to move into desperately. I want to give them a good Christmas. I can move in right away. Please call me back."

Too bad she didn't leave a number. I am desperate enough to overlook the fact she didn't give a name and the fact she has five children living with her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Huh, You'd think someone old enough to have five grandchildren would know basic phone manners, like leaving one's name and phone number. I get it that nowadays with caller ID being just about everywhere, that younger folks may not realize that that information is not always automatically present. Still not a good excuse to drop proper phone manners, just more understandable why they do.