Sunday, December 26, 2010

It Took Me 51 Weeks To Write This

As far as Marty Sunshine is concerned, my level of organization is akin to that of an over-tired hyper ADD toddler.

I don't personally think that is fair. I am organized in my own way. First, I have a super-good memory for mostly important things Second, I am too frugal to bother with pretty office organization trinkets. Third, how is this not organized?


This is a year's worth of filing. Which conveniently is now full--and it took 12 months to get there. Coincidence? I think not. This top shelf is actually all of the documents I have that need to be put into color coded file folders (yes, really, they are color coded) and then shoved into here:



Which will then start the arduous process of getting things ready for taxes. Like every year, "getting ready for taxes" will afford me breakfasts with Diamond Jim and will strain my 25 year plus friendship with Bliz (I love you dearly my friend). Which in turn will afford her a pound of "forgive me for being an idiot" toffee in the end. (And let me just say now, Bliz--I really do adore you and hopefully you are aware I am never fully myself from Jan. 1 to April 15--as I have to contend with Mr. Partner too).

Today, with a heavy heart and a sprained wrist, I am going to tackle 12 months' worth of paper--minus what Bliz will be sending me. She also has 12 months worth of my paper.

And, just because he says he loves me, Marty is offering to help me.

And as a quick disclaimer: if you are a real estate client, your file is not on these shelves. They are professionally tucked away in my filing cabinet or in my briefcase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You would think by now you would realize that you don't strain our friendship!

~Bliz