Thursday, December 09, 2010

Long Live the Streak

One of the drawbacks of writing my blogs days in advance is that things change.

Like Ms. Shirley.

Marty Sunshine opted to surprise me and made a pilgrimage to the post office on Tuesday--just for me. And lo and behold! There was Ms. Shirley's check.

Of course, this sparked a debate between us about calling off Red the process server. According to Marty, why pay to serve her when we have her money? My opinion was why on Earth did he pick up the check when I want to serve Ms. Shirley? After all, she doesn't seem to grasp her obligations here and needs a gentle reminder.

Besides, it would derive me great pleasure.

Which turned the conversation to Marty Sunshine's contention that I have disturbing aspects to my personality that he just doesn't find attractive--including my mean streak. By the way, according to my father, the mean streak is an Aries thing. And if truth be told, I don't mind my mean streak.

When push came to shove, we went with calling off Red--who hadn't gotten around to serving her just yet anyway. He offered to keep the Termination Letter to be revisited later or just shred it.

I begrudgingly agreed to him shredding it. But, I don't think Ms. Shirley and I are done. Because my mean streak lives on.

No comments: