Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Wanted: One Homeless, Gainfully Employed, Sane, Night Owl

Please understand, this is not a reflection of Kirby's management style. I fret. I stress. I micro-manage. I am aware of these aspects of my personality. But, it is my money on the line.

So, even if it is 12:13 a.m., I am scouring Craig's List, looking to see what is available for rent. Is my rent too high? What is my competition? And Kirby, where the hell is my ad?

Wait! There it is. I found it. Not bad Kirby.

I am also searching the "housing wanted" section as well, looking to see if anyone is desperately searching at 12:13 a.m. (or 2:13 a.m. Alabama time) for a home to live in. If so, I can accommodate them.

I found three ads from such people. One is moving in February, 2011 (note to optimistic Craig's List patron: nobody is going to hold a home for you for six months.). Another is moving from Florida, but they want to be in the Southern part of the Birmingham area--like say, near Hysteria Lane. I am happy to oblige. And, one is asking if there was a landlord out there who would take a co-signer. Um... maybe. Given the circumstances, Kirby might not consider this person to fall under his definition of "sane."

Everyone got an e-mail back, with a blind copy to Kirby.

I also went ahead and posted my own Craig's List ad too. Just a quickie, to hopefully make Kirby's phone ring. Who knows, maybe there are "sane" people reading the ad. Even at 12:13 a.m.

No comments: