Friday, August 06, 2010

Dream a Little Dream

A friend sent me this to me. I admit I have had this fantasy.


Fed-up North Carolina landlord spray paints 'deadbeat tenants' on home for unpaid rent
Associated Press


CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A North Carolina landlord fed up with tenants who didn't pay their rent painted her criticism on the garage for all to see.

WBTV reports that landlord Vanessa McCants spray painted the words "deadbeat tenants" on a Charlotte house she rents to Shanae Jackson.

McCants says she hasn't been paid the $1,300 monthly rent for two months and she's losing the home to foreclosure.

Jackson admits she's not paying the rent but says she can't afford both the rent and moving expenses.

Jackson called police after painting over the critique on the side of the home's garage. Police refused to charge McCants because spray painting your own property is not a crime.

3 comments:

Lori said...

l o l

terrible that the landlord is losing the home to foreclosure, though. i'd want to do more than spraypaint something.

CarolSue said...

Regardless of the fact that we can emphasize with the landlord, she nonetheless flagrantly violated the Fair Debt Collections Act. It's awful that she is going into foreclosure. However, if missing 2 months rent is enough to send her into foreclosure (which we all know is a lengthy process) it sounds to me as if she was already well on her way to that end before her tenant missed her payments. I have to wonder, if just a month or so down the road , the tenant wouldn't have opened her door to a bank representative. I have gone through that as a renter& although I had to scramble to find a new place to live, come up with moving expenses, deposits AND then on top of all that I never saw a nickel of my deposits back, I never even entertained the notion of publicly humiliating the landlord (beating the living hell out of them but not humiliating them). I think what the landlord did was reprehensible. But that's just me.

Fiona D. said...

Killjoy.