Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today's Shout Out

There are great friends throughout history:

Laverne and Shirley
Lucy and Ethel
Thelma and Louise
Bliz and Me
Long ago, while sitting on the bleachers at a high school football game, this pretty girl with brown eyes and perfect poofy 1980s hair, turned around and said, "You are in my chemistry class."

I guessed so. It was my second week of school, and my third high school in as many years. I didn't really know anyone.

She then said, "You just moved in down the street from me."

I guessed so too.

So, Bliz, left the people she was sitting with, scooted up one bleacher to talk to me and offered me a ride to school on Monday.

And thus, a great friendship was born.

Happy Birthday my dear friend. I hope you have a great day and many more birthdays to come.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

What an awesome story! Blitz couldn't have picked a better person to befriend! She has impeccable intuition.