Sunday, August 15, 2010

Alabama Ironies

Well, it seems that I may have inadvertently swerved a disaster. You might remember the house where the tree branch fell into rush hour traffic recently?

Well, it turns out Friday night, the 100 year old tree at the house next door to my rental fell, landing on a car. I am now thinking the money I paid to cut that tree down was well spent.
__________________________________________________________

Not three minutes after Mr. Spring received my check for replacing the potty at Ms. Angie's home, did I receive a note from Mrs. Spring. She sweetly thanked me for my prompt payment. She told me Mr. Spring would be happy to do more odd jobs any time. Just say the word.

And then, in a twist of irony, gave me a long story about why rent would be late. And, she hoped I didn't mind.

I do. I mind the timing of the whole thing.

Note to Mrs. Spring, it is in bad form to "be happy to help" with more odd jobs, expect payment right away and then drop a quick, rent-will-be-late-now-that-I-have-helped-you-out e-mail, whether that was your intention or not.
___________________________________________________________

Kirby sent me an e-mail Friday. It said:

Just got off the phone if you can believe it with a lady that wants to see the house tomorrow after she gets off “WORK”. Sounds pretty promising as she did not flinch at the price. Hopefully I can get an application out of her to see how she looks.

My response:
If she has mastered the basics of common courtesy, is sane, gainfully employed, seems to be telling the truth but needs a little nudging, feel free to work a "move-in special" deal.

1 comment:

BusyMommy said...

So, did you hire Mr. Spring in hopes of being able to pay his rent for him???