Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ok, Maybe I Would Mind A Gaping Hole In The Roof

I have to tell you, when my phone rings and the name of some random tenant pops up on the caller ID, before I even answer, my stomach lining rips just a little bit more. And, when that call is from a tenant who traditionally doesn't like to call me, and only calls me two weeks after something bad has happened, there isn't any amount of pink stuff that will soothe me.

Until today.

Ms. Kathy called right as I was recovering from my second week of kick boxing classes. I was tempted not to answer because, in class, I had just gotten beaten up by a multi-pierced, 7 month pregnant woman and I wasn't sure I could stand much more. Marty said go for it. "How bad could it be?" he asked.

As a quick back story, Ms. Kathy lives in the home once rented by Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith refused to pay was kicked out, and moved in across the street to live with his wife and children in his wife's father's home. To put Mr. Smith in perspective: I will gladly be beaten to a pulp by a pierced pregnant woman than spend one minute in the same square mile as Mr. Smith.

Ms. Kathy, who heard from Carolsue, that I wasn't a fan of Mr. Smith and owes me money, noticed a big 18 wheeler sitting in the driveway of Mr. Smith's father-in-law's home the other day. So, with nothing better to do, she moseyed over there and got the name of the company for me.

Her call was to pass on what she had learned. After me gushing "thank you, thank you, thank you," for ten minutes, I, in turn, sent over the info to Legal Eagle for her to do her lawyerly magic.

Of course, then Ms. Kathy sprung the downed tree that wrecked her fence two weeks ago on me. But, I didn't care. She could have had a gaping hole in her roof and I don't think I would have been upset.

I have found Mr. Smith's employer.

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

Awesome!!! I love Kathy!!!!! Go get 'em tiger!!!!

Lori said...

tip o' the hat to ms. k ;^)