Friday, August 27, 2010

The Best Worst Renter

Mrs. Sherwood sent her rent check to me. Except she pre-dated it until December. I truly believe--and did so from the second I saw the check--it was an accident. (I recently accidentally wrote a check for Aug. 14, 2000. It happens.)

When I called her, Mrs. Sherwood went into crisis mode. Did I want the money immediately deposited in my account? Did I want to change the date on the check and fake her initials? Did I want her to wire the money to me? Or, did I want her to hop on a plane, fly out to Phoenix and personally deliver cash to me?

She then apologized for being my "worst renter." Mind you, this is the same woman who made me swear I would never buy her an oven--because her family would then expect her to cook. So, if I ever thought about replacing the broken oven, she was moving out.

I love Mrs. Sherwood blogs. They have happy endings.

No comments: