Thursday, August 05, 2010

Random Bama

Legal Eagle and I are working to figure out where Mr. Smith happens to be employed. We know the name of the company, the type (trucking), but not the employer. There is one such company with a similar name in Alabama. But, according to these folks, no Mr. Smith. There is another in New York. I believe last time the trucking company he worked for was out of New York or New Jersey.

So, we aren't done.

______________________________________________

Carolsue called me earlier this week. Through her connections she was able to find yet, another person to handle the installation of Ms. Angie's potty. This person happens to be Mr. Spring. The same Mr. Spring renting a home from me.

Apparently Mrs. Spring and Carolsue have gotten to be very chummy. Note to Carolsue: please don't give Mrs. Spring this blog address. I am still miffed about Mr. Spring's antics with Legal Eagle (which I paid for!) last October. But, I am grateful Ms. Angie has a functioning bathroom.

_____________________________________________

Ms. Angie reminded me her lease is up. She said she was hesitant to say anything because she didn't want me to raise her rent. I have a few people who are renting from me where there lease is up. I haven't bothered to tell them because I like the freedom of having them go month to month. Fortunately, they aren't the ones who give me grief.

That said, I am just thrilled Ms. Angie has no plans of leaving after the year of water issues this poor woman has tolerated. And yes, because she asked, I am writing her a new lease when I get around to it.

____________________________________________

Speaking of Mrs. Spring, Carolsue said to me the other day, "You would not believe what the Springs have done to that yard." Depending upon where you put the emphasis, that sentence reads very differently.

I heard it as, "Dear Heavens! You would not believe what the Springs have done to that yard! You now need a retinal eye screening and a dental imprint to get passed the security system and barbed wire fence. But no worries, the neighbors across the street can't make it through the dental imprint and the gators in the moat the Springs have put around the front of the home have taken care of them."

What she meant was, "You would not believe what the Springs have done to that fabulous, adorable yard. There is now a charming French-Quarter-like patio, complete with wrought iron railings, cobblestone and fountain off the sun room."

It sounds wonderful. I hope they have no intentions of moving.

No comments: