Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The One Where We Talked About Nothing

Marty Sunshine wanted to give Mr. Partner an update on Monday. "Can we tell him all the rents are in?" he asked.

"Yea, except I am waiting for a last installment from Ms. Kathy. And I know he ok'd helping her out, but I don't know if you really want to explain her payment plan or that I totally expect her to screw up December's rent. He tends to panic when I give him hypothetical scenarios."

"Ok, I will leave that part out. How about everyone else?" he asked.

"That sounds good. Except I am holding one rent until Friday, so you may not want to explain that. The reason was pretty personal. I am certain the check won't bounce, they had a family emergency."

"Never mind. I will just skip that part of the update. Can I tell him all bills are paid?"

"Sure! Except I got a bill for the electrician I haven't paid. But then you would have to explain the electrical fire. And I am expecting a bill from the window guy. Did you tell him about the window?" I asked.

"Forget it. What can I tell him?" he asked.

"Well, nothing is going on right now. Why not just tell him that?" I said.

Marty considered it for a moment and finally said, "I think I will just skip this week's update."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe Mr. Partner should just start reading your blog....or maybe it's better that he doesn't ;-)

-J