Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Would Have Been In Tears Too

I have gotten so spoiled of late. And, I am grateful. Carolsue--bless her!--has been taking it upon herself to handle the stuff that makes me crazy. Namely tenants who can't manage money.

Friday, Carolsue was supposed to meet Ms. Kathy to collect part of my missing rent. So, she hauled herself across town, at the beginning of rush hour, to find out Ms. Kathy stood her up. None-too-pleased for this fool's errand, Carolsue found a pay phone and called Ms. Kathy.

When Carolsue finally got in touch with her, she found out Ms. Kathy decided she needed a car tire more than she needed to pay me. Though I am not privy to the particulars, I understand Carolsue's rant lasted so long that she had to deposit more than a dollar into the phone so she could finish chewing Ms. Kathy out. Ms. Kathy didn't hang up on Carolsue, but instead listened intently to what Carolsue thought of her, her mother and her lineage. Carolsue also told her to start packing, because I was having none of this--though I didn't know it at the time.

Apparently Ms. Kathy called back in tears a couple hours later. She found someone willing to loan her the rest of the money she owes and would show up Saturday morning bright and early to deliver. Let's hope she does. Because there is no telling what I may find out I am willing to do.

No comments: