Friday, November 06, 2009

Ineptitude Exhausts Me

I really thought I kicked the nap-a-day habit I started three weeks ago when I got sick. I hadn't taken a nap since Tuesday! I was doing just fine, wondering if there was some sort of reward, like a gold star, one might obtain when they are awake for a total of 8 hours at a time two days in a row. Sadly, I didn't earn my chip.

It wasn't my fabulous lunch with a dear friend today that wore me out, or my mother coming over to babysit that taxed my energy levels. Oh no. It was the Springs.

When I relayed my latest incident to Carolsue she said, "You know, sometimes I think, 'bless their heart, they had a run of bad luck'. But with these two, I am now thinking 'bless their hearts, they are just morons'."

You see, I got the lease back from Mrs. Spring. I went to print it out, sign my name on the signature page so she could get the utilities turned on when I found out she sent me every page of the lease, except the signature page. Now, it might just be me, but if I am trying to rent a house--and even if I am a renter virgin--I would still know that I need to send the second party the signature page of a contract. And, if I could send every page except the signature page, I might rightly assume the other party would think I was an idiot.

Instead of calling Mrs. Spring an idiot, I wrote her back, telling her to please resend the signature page. Until I got it, we didn't have a lease. And, I was ok with that. I was already envisioning less annoying people living in this home.

To her credit, Mrs. Spring sent over a document lighting quick. However, she sent me the signature page from her rental application. You know, the document I look at before I approve them. It isn't really like you can confuse the two pieces of paper. One says "Please include a photo ID with this APPLICATION." The other just has a place for a LANDLORD to sign. An honest mistake, I am sure.

When I opened up her newest document, I was on the phone with Carolsue. When I told her Mrs. Spring flubbed this up, Carolsue said, "Send the e-mail to me. Don't write her back. I doubt you would say anything tactful at this point."

And this would be a problem why?

I told Carolsue these clowns had until 8 a.m. Friday morning to send me ONE MEASLY PIECE OF PAPER WITH THEIR SIGNATURES or all bets are off. I was putting an ad in the paper and they could spend Christmas in the 700 square foot falling down trailer. A just reward for this level of ineptitude.

Then I went upstairs and crawled under the covers.

No comments: