Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Looking Forward

Marty Sunshine were out for our quiet Wednesday lunch when we ran into Mr. Partner. Being the good partners we are, I suggested a lunch meeting for the following Wednesday just to go over a few of the nitty gritty odds and ends. But, also to look at building a brighter future.

I found it interesting that Mr. Partner sees things the way I do. We made decisions last year based on our current situation. Those decisions directly affect some of the circumstances we have encountered this year: Mrs. 508, Mr. Richards, Ms. Betty.

Though we are older and wiser now, he agreed those were the right decisions at the time. I hope so. Mabye if I had held out for a better tenant for the 508 house we wouldn't have had so much drama. Or, maybe I would have had a meth lab. Maybe if I had waited for someone other than Ms. Betty my life would have been more peaceful. Or. maybe I would have had a burning oiled cross affixed to the driveway of the Leeds house.

My main contention for the next year is that it will be a year of rebuilding. Two summers ago we got a gift from a tenant who sold thier interests, giving us an influx of cash to get by. This past summer we lived through several changes but came out the better for it. I firmly believe our tenants right now are quality. I am even willing to work with Ms. Kathy, provided she wants to work with me.

We will probably have to make some difficult decisions in the near future. Actually, it will be Mr. Partner who has to make these difficult decisions. As I have been living with this for years, I know the obvious answers. We will probably have to figure out a way to get an influx of cash. Do we bring in another partner? Do we sell a home or two (provided the market will allow us to do so)? Do we ask a private investor for assistance? I have my thoughts. Marty and I have bandyied around a few ideas. Now it is time to get Mr. Partner on board.

Our little business is fledgling but far from sunk. I believe it is time to look at rebuilding and moving forward. I think we can. But it will be a long process.

No comments: