Monday, December 21, 2009

I am Sure They Are Just Lovely People

Ok, I admit it. I hold a grudge better than a cat abandoned by its owner for a week while the owner is on vacation. Case in point: I am still annoyed with the Springs for the shenanigans they pulled two months ago.

Why? Partially because I caved and accepted them after they broke my cardinal rules. Historically, it has never gone well when I have accepted tenants who can't follow the basic rules of engagement. And partially because I thought working professionals who pay their bills and act like responsible adults would never say something so stupid to a prospective landlord: "I can't give you a full deposit because my granddaughter's birthday is next week and I will be buying her a present."

I know, I know. Carolsue set them straight. They are fully aware they committed several faux pas. They would like to put those embarrassing moments behind them too. In the interest of fairness, in the past month they have been ideal tenants. I have gotten the rent on time. They only call Carolsue, instead of me, when they want to chat. And, thankfully, thus far Mrs. Spring has thought it prudent not to friend me on Facebook.

I even got a very sweet letter from Mrs. Spring with her on-time rent check. It said something along the lines of "Thank you for not thinking us complete buffoons. And by the way, we just love the house."

Well, I am glad they like the house. But, the jury is out on that whole buffoon thing.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

They are renter virgins. Which is a headache in the beginning BUT you get to train them to be exactly what you want them to be. They have never rented before so they haven't developed the bad renter habits. They are yours for the molding!!