Monday, September 15, 2008

They're Baaack

I got a phone call today from David. David was interested in learning more about my home in Leeds. You see, he lives in Trussville, his landlord was in foreclosure and he and his family need a home asap.

Me: "Sir, I believe I spoke with your wife last week."

David: "No ma'am. This is the first house I have called. We just found out about this over the weekend."

I would stand corrected. Except, I recognized the phone number and rolled my eyes as I went to answer this call, mentally preparing myself to deal with Christy/Karen. Instead, I was naively explaining to David that yes, Carolsue had shown him, Christy and Karen this house. David argued I was incorrect, swearing he had never seen it. Why did I recognize the phone number? Because the prefix is the same as my own. And the suffix is my PIN number. I even double checked the number when was done with the call. Yep. It was them.

But, back to David. This dialogue went on for a moment or two, as I politely explained his oversight. He had seen this house. His wife had seen this house. His mother had seen this house. Undeterred, David wanted the address and the contact information of how he could see the inside.

I finally went with the blunt approach. "The same woman who showed you the home before will show it to you again. Also before we go any further with this process, I will need to send you an application so I can do a background/criminal/eviction check. When you fill out the application, please send back a photo ID and proof of employment."

At that point, David decided maybe he had been looking before today. And, you know, he might remember seeing my house last week.

No comments: