Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I've Got Jack

About a year ago, on a lark, I let one of my tenants do a tarot card reading on me. The Jack of Cups kept showing up in my reading. Apparently this Jack dude is a bad-ass omen.

My tenant told me Jack represented a man in my life who was going to cause all sorts chaos. I didn't put a heck of a lot of stock into this at the time. But, over the course of the past few months, sometimes I would think about Jack. Jack kept nagging at me. Who wanted to hurt me? Why?

If I had guessed then, my answer would have been the same as it is today. Mr. Smith. Today, Mr. Smith transitioned from petty annoyance to festering boil.

Legal Eagle gave me the bad news this morning. Mr. Smith has decided not to vacate. Let's face it, I didn't believe him two weeks ago when I received his e-mail, telling me would be gone on "the first." Instead, he is fighting me. In court.

Yes, next month I get to go in front of a judge and explain on the record why Mr. Smith should leave my home. Intellectually, I know I have the law on my side. And, as Carolsue pointed out, I have the high-powered DFWLY, Attorneys at Law representing me. No matter who Mr. Smith picks, it won't be as good. And, as I explained to Legal Eagle today, I could fight this longer than he can.

My dear Husband tells me this is no big deal as long as I remember one basic rule. "Just don't call him an idiot in front of the judge." He said. "Let Mr. Smith open his mouth and prove it instead."

No comments: