Tuesday, September 09, 2008

These Rentals Practially Manage Themselves

I have a business partner. Actually, I have three. One happens to be my husband. The other two are a couple we know. Mrs. Partner is about as silent as they come. Mr. Partner asks questions and gives valuable input. He lets me manage the show.

Yesterday I sent him Lana's note. But, I realized he was completely out of context. He has no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Yes, he has a few rental homes. But, these homes are less than ten minutes from his residence and there are only three of them. I could show him this blog, but then again, there might be a time when I want to complain about him.

In the past two months I have:

· Evicted a tenant, found a beekeeper, two lawn guys, fought with an insurance adjuster and found someone to take care of the work at Wayward's home.

· Battled the IRS on our company's behalf--and won.

· Dealt with the US Bankruptcy Court regarding another tenant's Chapter 7.

· Listed and negotiated the sale of a home which didn't pan out.

· Put two homes up for rent.

· Found a tenant for one of those homes--after weeding through several looses to get to the one I picked.

· Handled repairs for an air conditioner, electrical work, plumbing and lawn care. And, that includes negotiating with these vendors for better pricing.

· Filed two separate police reports.

· Begun the eviction process of another tenant.

Yep, piece of cake.

No comments: