Friday, January 14, 2011

Life Loosly Imitating Life

This past week, I was dealing with my HVAC Dude. You see, I sent him a check last week for Ms. Angie's shiny new furnace, but he didn't receive it.

My first reaction was to completely freak out. That's a lot of money floating around to be "lost." I also spent a great deal of time talking to the bank about the missing check.

And, I might have been a tad snarky too. By the time I was transferred to the fourth person at the bank, and she dully asked, "Do you know who the check was made out to?" My answer was, "Yes. I wrote the check. Of course I do!" In my defense, I had been trying to resolve this for more than two hours and her question wasn't, "Who was the check made out to?", which is really what she wanted to know.

All the while, I was also texting HVAC Dude keeping him apprised of what happened to the missing money. And, I sent him the Fed Ex air bill number so he could track the delivery progress of his payment.

This is why I never believe tenants who don't act the least bit astonished when their rent check doesn't arrive. In my world, this is what people do when money is missing. They look for it.

No comments: