Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Late In Leeds

I hate writing about yucky stuff. First, it makes me look like a clown. Which never really helps my mood. Second, it is yucky... who wants to read that?

Remember the grandma who called me in a panic the week before Christmas wanting to rent my Leeds home? The one who had just gotten emergency custody of her five grandchildren? The one I was iffy about? The one who managed to win me over by thanking me for taking a chance? Ok, it wasn't like there was a line standing outside the Leeds home last December with potential tenants lined up, so "winning me over" is a bit subjective here.

Well, it turns out Grandma hasn't figured out how to pay January's rent. She apparently told Kirby she is aware this "looks bad." And Kirby responded along the lines of I wouldn't be happy. Which was precisely what I told him when I found out. So, not only is Kirby a property manager, but he is a darn good mind reader too.

Though it wasn't necessary, Kirby did suggest we "do something" about her by the end of the week if rent hasn't shown up. That "something" in question is in the form of someone telling her she is moving out.

I was completely ok with that. In fact, I was also happy to tell her that Child Services won't be happy to see an eviction out there on children in foster care, so maybe she should just move before an anonymous call is made. Because an eviction was the "something" Kirby and I had in mind.

Or pay.

Yea, paying would be better. But, I am guessing that isn't happening.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

Let's look at the timeline here for a second....5 grandkids...December...Christmas.....presents....no money for January rent...Hmmmm Looking a bit suspicious. Then let's look at the other side of that coin. Apparently she had some sort of income before she was awarded custody of the kids. Wonder where that went?? By the way, in Alabama if the kids in foster care happen to be blood...no foster check. Food Stamps, Aid to Families with Dependant Children and Medicaid but no foster check. Wonder why people think that spending big on Christmas is more important than having a roof over their heads in January??? I have never understood that concept.