Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Just When I Thought I Would Have Nothing To Write About

Well now! A quick congratulations to Ms. Shirley, who has now surpassed Ms. Kathy in outrageous passive agressive behavior.

As usual, Ms. Shirley's rent is late. But, she managed to find a convenient computer to tell me so on Christmas Eve. Her rent payment darn well better be in my PO Box today, or all bets are off.

But, Ms. Shirley's antics have now transgressed beyond a suspect leaky roof and willy-nilly rent due dates. Sentimental fool that I am, I have already begun to miss those shenanigans.

It appears Ms. Shirley's fence fell over. Though this isn't a big deal or a difficult fix. However, Ms. Shirley decided not to let me know and just to take matters into her own hands. She went next door to Mr. 114 and asked him to fix this. What I was told she conveyed to Mr. 114 was to just go ahead and fix it and bill me. I won't mind.

Mr. 114 was as floored at the adacity of this as I. So, he e-mailed me and asked what I wanted to do. I told him to fix it. And, to please find out if there are any other minor fixes necessary around the house. If there are, please let me know and I will decide what I want to do. And, if Ms. Shirley asks him why he is looking, please tell her it is for the next tenant's comfort.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

Whoa! That is either very bold on her part OR very cowardly. Cowardly because she knew if she called YOU and told you about the fence that you just might bring up that pesky rent check business.