Thursday, July 15, 2010

Waterford Update

No word from the tenants at the Waterford Home. Last I heard, they wanted to buy. So, they threw out a number and we caught it, threw it back and thought we might possibly have a deal in the works.

However, since then, they have been oddly silent. From what I understand, Mrs. Tenant told Kirby there is a home with the exact same floor plan for sale in that subdivision for $30,000 less than my price.

Kirby can't find that particular home listed--not that it changes my price. Besides, I am asking market price, not distressed foreclosure price. If that is Mrs. Tenant's bargaining position, it really didn't move me. I will be willing to come in writing a small check to sell this home and cover a future headache, not a $30,000 check.

When Kirby and I were talking on Tuesday, he was beginning to think they weren't as serious as he first thought. That seems to be the case. No matter. We will survive if we don't sell the home. And who knows! Maybe they will stay a bit longer than they expected to anyway.

No comments: