Saturday, July 31, 2010

Non-Drama

Well now, summer is two-thirds over and I am peeking out of my hidey hole again to check the status of our fledgling accidental business. I am going out on a limb here: this is nothing like the last two summers.

There I said it. Hopefully putting it out in the universe won't jinx anything.

Of course, this summer has had its challenges. But, the challenges aren't summer-related. And they don't even measure on the Ricketier Scale compared to evictions, stolen air conditioners, freezer fulls of meat left rotting in a home for 30 days because I couldn't gain access, or tenants filing bankruptcy and not leaving. Not to mention the other things I just can't write about because of emotional trauma to my psyche, legalities or I just plain forgot about. And whatever I forgot about, I am sure Carolsue will be happy to remind us all.

And as far as fledgling goes, we are weathering the economic downturn as well as to be expected. Mr. Partner seems to think the business should be able to sustain itself. When I met him for pizza on Wednesday, I explained that won't be the case, so please stop expecting this. Not for at least another year or two. But, let's be grateful we have tenants who want to stay, take reasonable care of our homes and we haven't seen a drug lab or two in quite a while.

That really isn't too much to ask, is it?

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

I'm pretty sure you covered it.