Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Crazy Update

Poor Kirby. He really didn't know what he was getting into when he decided to take me on as a client. Of course, if I let him talk with Bliz, Carolsue or Legal Eagle he probably would have run screaming. Because, I am sure one of them would let slip I might be a tad high strung and have a few minor control issues.

Fortunately for me, Kirby blissfully took my homes and thought nothing else about representing me until about three seconds into our contract when I started calling asking loads of questions. I have no idea where Kirby stands on the whole working with me thing as of today, but I can only guess. As Legal Eagle has pointed out on a few occasions, I "amuse" her. I suspect Kirby might have similar thoughts in between rolling his eyes when my number comes up on caller ID.

When I talked with Kirby on Tuesday, Candy and Artie were expected to be out by Thursday. Kirby had been fielding calls from the homeless for the soon to be vacant Fultondale house and, as he explained, "Most of the callers are just crazy." Sadly, my first instinct was to wonder why Kirby thought that was a black mark against a possible future tenant. But then again, he doesn't read this blog.

I hope.

Kirby did tell me he is showing the home to sane-sounding people this weekend. So, I am crossing my fingers for a short vacancy. Apparently there isn't much for rent in that area. And, the price (which has been raised to cover the property management costs) doesn't seem to be scaring renters away--at least the crazy ones.

On top of that, I spoke with Candy (who called me--No. I wasn't checking up on Kirby). She told me Artie mowed the lawn yesterday. Also, she has cleaned everything they can until the furniture is out. She expects to have it spit-shined by her move-out Thursday. A tenant cleaning on their way out the door? That is crazy!

No comments: