Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You've Been Warned

With the exception of a few choice tenants, rent is due on the 15th. So far this month all but two have paid on time. You know things aren't looking all that cheery when one of those two is Ms. Kathy--and she is missing a portion of her total rent owed. Even Kirby hasn't sent me the rent checks of the three properties he manages--but he told me he would be sending them out this week.

So on Tuesday I started making phone calls and e-mails. Mrs. Sherwood had told me on Monday that she had mailed the rent last week. Ms. Angie also sent the rent last week. I have no reason not to believe her. I did call Haroldine and I wasn't too nice, suggesting that she had taxed my good nature to the breaking point. I wasn't very nice in my note to Ms. Shirley either--but I left the message rather vague.

I bypassed everyone else, figuring rent was in various states of delivery. Besides, after making Haroldine cry, I didn't have the energy to spend another hour on the phone hunting down every single renter who probably sent their rent last week. I will save that task for Friday. Maybe by then the mail will have caught up with me, or at least I will be in a better mood.

No comments: