Monday, November 22, 2010

The Good, The Better, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good: Carolsue was gracious to spend part of her Sunday hanging out at the Leeds home in hopes that someone--anyone--might come by and nudge their significant other in the ribs and say, "Elmer! Don't you think this place is perfect for us?" Or, any other such wonderfulness.

No luck.


The Better: Carolsue did tell me that the neighbors directly to the South no longer have a yard filled with junk. In fact, the house is vacant and there is a lockbox on the door. Don't you just love it when neighbors move and take their rusted sheet metal with them? I know I do.

The Bad: The neighbor directly to the North is still there. I believe he got another shipment in of oiled crosses last week.

The Ugly: My very cute little cottage in Leeds is still vacant and I have to break the news to Mr. Partner. As far as I am concerned, I have done every earthly thing I can think of to find a renter. It is time for some drastic measures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Any chance you could just bite the bullet, take the loss and sell the place?

Fiona D. said...

Believe it or not, I probably would not sell this place at a loss. We have equity in this one. However, the market over there is so soft that we would still be sitting on it vacant for probably six months waiting for a buyer. This is a good cash flow property for us. I just need it RENTED!!!!