Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tapped

Friday I got a cryptic e-mail out of the blue from Mr. Partner. For whatever reason, he wrote us saying if the company needed money, that was too bad. He was tapped out.

I have never asked Mr. Partner to contribute a penny more than Marty or myself. And, we have only done so during dire emergencies--like multiple tenants have upped and trashed our homes. Nor have I given Mr. Partner any indication we were at some sort of critical juncture where we needed an influx of capital.

This was a random e-mail.

More to the point, all I could think about was what must be going on in Mr. Partner's life that he needed to write us. Just because we are business partners, doesn't mean I would feel proper about asking him about something so personal. Besides, if there is one thing this accidental business has taught me is that listening for the message comes from what isn't said more than what is.

All the best to Mr. Partner. I hope whatever dragons he is fighting proves to be a victorious battle.

No comments: