Saturday, November 20, 2010

No Leads on Leeds

It appears not wanting two unmarried couples who were marginally qualified to begin with renting my Leeds home has afforded me a vacant home a bit longer than expected.

Tomorrow Carolsue is holding an open house. I advertised it in the newspaper and on Craig's list. Yes, this property is in Kirby's care. But Kirby doesn't do open houses. I need this place rented.

I did receive a phone call on Friday from my ad. The woman in question was articulate and polite. She was looking for a place for her older parents. I immediately sent her to Kirby. Why wait until a silly little open house? She can see it now.

So far she hasn't called him.

I also got an e-mail from a woman who wants to move early next year. She said she is having a tough time finding a "decent rental" through Craig's list. It might not be Craig's list that is the problem. It could be:

1. She is looking three months early and landlords don't like to leave a house vacant for three additional months because she might want to live in it.

2. The amount of rent she wants to pay (what the Leeds home is renting for) does not afford her the mega-mansion she is looking for. But, it isn't my place to give her a lesson in basic economics.

What I did do was suggest she call Kirby. He has more homes than just mine available. Hopefully he can help her.

In the mean time, I am guessing this home will probably be vacant a bit longer. It is getting dangerously close to the holidays now. I am not discouraged.

Just yet.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

I moved once during the Holidays. I already had my tree up and trimmed and the lights hung when the bank came and knocked on my door and informed me that my landlord didn't really own the house and I had to go. So, I wrapped the decorated tree in a sheet and off we went to the new house. I swore I'd never do that again....and I haven't.