Monday, November 15, 2010

I Was Thisclose to a Ms. Kathy-Free Zone

As I left the post office Friday, cursing Ms. Kathy's name, my wise Polly asked, "But she paid you? Why are you mad?"

Yes. It is true. I was holding an envelope with a return address of Ms. Kathy. It appears she gets to spend Thanksgiving in my home. She paid just enough to keep me from throwing in the towel. It isn't everything, mind you. After all, paying what she actually owes would be such a novel concept.

The fact is, I already had Saturday's blog written. It talked about how happy I was Carolsue was finally going to serve Ms. Kathy. Ms. Kathy would soon be out of my life. I had psyched myself up for a Ms. Kathy-less existence. I was doing my Ms. Kathy-free dance. But no! Ms. Kathy had to go and be all annoying and pay just enough.

Dang her anyway!

I am going to stay mum with Ms. Kathy and see what happens in the short term. Her lease is almost up. I will figure out then what I wish to do about her. But, I don't really wish to talk to her in the mean-time. At least until next month, when we get to play the Ms. Kathy game all over again.

No comments: