Friday, November 05, 2010

It Appears She Wants to Go

Ms. Robin got back to me. Apparently offering to lower the rent didn't really make that much of an impact on her. She tells me they are in the early stages of looking for another place to live. Though, she doesn't know when or where she is going.

If I had to figure this out, it looks like this. Because of life circumstances, the Robins are behind on some bills. The are fervently working on catching up. Because that's how they roll.

Mr. Robin says--quite accurately--they can save a few bucks by finding a cheaper place to live. However, Ms. Robin doesn't think of where she lives in terms of her rent payment. She defines her residence this way: it is a four bedroom, two bath home, with a few extra perks. It is a rather large home and she once told me it is one of the nicest she has ever lived in.

In order for the Robins to move, they will need to 1) find a place 2) cough up the deposit and first month's rent. Given where they are with their bills, I am guessing the second part is going to be a bit more challenging.

I am also guessing this process has no time frame. It will really depend more on how adamantly Mr. Robin pushes this and how solid their marriage happens to be.

So for now, I am holding my breath, biding my time. Because pretty soon I am going to get the e-mail I dread.

No comments: