Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Perfect Game

I learned about the Perfect Game some time ago. It is really useful when I am down or frustrated with life. Esssentially, decide up front that what ever is happening in your life, whatever is given to you, whatever you have and whomever crosses your path is absolutely perfect for you and exactly what you needed at that moment.

I play this game with Polly Perfectionist--my daughter--whom seems to be under the mistaken impression that everything should be easy and her way. I play this game with myself who is also under the mistaken impression everything should be easy and my way. Marty Sunshine throws this %*&%$$# concept at me when I start whining about injustices and annoyances.

Right now, mail is slow so rents aren't showing up on a timely basis. One of my tenants overnighted her mail through the USPS to show up last Monday. It got here Friday. I haven't received checks from those who normally pay don't cause me trouble. Those who do cause me heartburn, have an added excuse. But, they don't answer their phones/e-mails anyway to let me know the money is on its way. I just remind myself this is exactly what I need and every thing is perfect. If they don't pay, the perfect tenants are just around the corner.

No comments: