Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Been There, Done That, Burned the T-Shirt

I am just not in the mood for head games. Heather wrote me yesterday and said:

That sounds good and I am glad those things have been fixed. As far as the deck goes there is really no need for a drawing as I was just planning on building a deck a little bit larger than the one that is already there just sturdier. If you need a drawing I can do that but It would just be the same deck that is there but better. I would treat the would also so that it would not rot and would last a lot longer. As far as the lease goes we have already filled it out were just waiting on you comment about the improvements before we sent it to you.


First of all, I still haven't received the lease. No biggie. I probably will, but at this point, I don't care if I do or not. Carolsue is ready to go out there and show it again.

Anyone I get in that house will be better than the people who lived there before. What gets me is that Heather readily admits she was holding my lease hostage. She has already proven she is trouble. I will treat her as trouble. I have a few other tenants I treat as trouble and they fall in line--but that is for another blog.

Second, I have no illusions she is putting in a new deck. I understand she is young and idealistic. But, come on! This is a major undertaking. While I appreciate Heather's sense of ownership, there is nothing wrong with this deck. So insulting the home by saying her deck would be "better" isn't very endearing.

It is very common for potential tenants to pick at things before they move in. My experience is I never hear a peep from them once they have unpack, other than a once a month check. At that point, they have gotten their grievances out of the way. They feel they have won in the landlord-tenant game. Truthfully, I keep score. And, ultimately, I will win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't rent it to her.

Fiona D. said...

I don't have a lease!