Monday, December 15, 2008

Let the Games Begin

Dear Potential Rental Candidate:

If you send in your application and think you want to rent from me, please show me some basic communication skills. Completely fill out your application. Give me a valid e-mail address. Give me more than just a first name for your personal reference. While you are at it, give me a phone number for your personal reference. You know, act like you actually know them.

And--this is just a friendly suggestion--it might be a good idea on the rental history to let me call at least one of your past landlords. Telling me I may not talk to any of them is a really bad sign.

Thank you,

1 comment:

Ernie said...

There are some illiterate in-breds who pay their rent on time every month and take care of the place (meaning they cook their possums outside so as not to stink up the interior of the property) BUT I have to say, most of these folks can't afford your houses. Now before anyone bashes me for being prejudicial against southern country folk, please know that I AM A SOUTHERN COUNTRY FOLK and the illiterate in-breds I refer to are more than likely hanging in MY family tree.