Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Merry Christmas Mrs. Sherwood

Mrs. Sherwood is one of my favorite tenants. She got this status by leaving me alone for the past year and paying on time. Her yard is well maintained and the neighbors aren't calling me. Thank you Mrs. Sherwood.

Then she had issues. First, the water pressure. Then the hot water heater went one untimely early Saturday morning. Then the oven. Her water issues are resolved. The oven isn't.

When Mrs. Sherwood called today, she told me she hadn't really paid much credence to the oven because her dear husband has been grilling their dinner for the past year. However, he really would like a roast turkey for Christmas this year. And, she confided, she is a little tired of barbecue.

Two months ago, I hired an appliance repair person to fix the 45 year old oven. I sent him a check and was thrilled the problem was resolved so cheaply. Then, the appliance repair person called to say he wasn't cashing the check because he needed another part. He graciously sent me back the check. And, until he got the new part, we were on hold. Nobody called me and I forgot all about it.

Come to find out, Mrs. Sherwood can't get Appliance Guy to return her calls. She theorizes he wasn't able to find the part and wasn't man enough to tell her. Understandable, as this oven is so old, finding parts has been challenging. But, Mrs. Sherwood toiled and found the last remaining distributor of 45 year old oven widgets. They want $300 for the part.

It looks like Mrs. Sherwood is getting a new (to her) electric range.

No comments: