Monday, October 20, 2008

Memory Lane

Today's post is brought to you by Procrastination Anonymous. Basically, I am ignoring the pile o'stuff that needs to head out to Bliz and the property tax analysis I am doing.

True phone call from a couple of years ago. This tenant has since moved on, but it is one of my favorite landlord calls.

Brenda: Ma'am, I wanted to let you know a twister came through here a few hours ago. There's been some damage.

Me: Oh no! Is everyone ok.

Brenda: Yes ma'am. However, a tree was uprooted. It landed square on my car. I can send you pictures if you want me to.

Me: Yes please. How much damage is done to your car?

Brenda: The car is pretty bad. The tree crushed the roof and the hood. The windows are busted out. But, don't worry about that. My husband can remove the branches. I was just wondering do y'all need me to plant a new tree?

No comments: