Thursday, October 16, 2008

Looking Up

It appears I have my two vacant homes rented. Or they will be rented come mid-November. I have passed muster with Ms. Robin's tedious reference request (did she call, Bliz?). It also did my sorry ego good to know I have at least three tenants who were willing to stand up for me. I know Ms. Robin called at least one of them.

I wasn't quite sure Ms. Robin was going to sign the lease, so I put an ad in the paper. When my phone starts ringing at some unholy hour Sunday morning, it will go straight to my voice mail--which will say, oops! The house you are calling about is rented. This will be the first Sunday in six weeks I don't have a reason to answer my phone before 10 a.m.

My house in Leeds is being rented out to a young couple. Ms. Betty is so excited. She even got rid of her dogs just so the place will stay cleaner. I cringed when she mentioned that. Perhaps it is for the best the dogs are gone.

Carolsue must be exhausted. I can't wait to see her final bill. But it will be worth what she is charging me to have this done and behind us. Alpha Boss sent me a check yesterday for Baseball Guy's security service. He had to live on the property for a few days during the lulu crisis.

On Wednesday, I have a meeting with Mr. Partner. We are going to go over the books. We are going to go over all the fun stuff from the past few months--all of which he is aware of in some form or another, but I don't think he has connected the dots. He is going to find out our business lost money. But, just like my husband and me, he is committed to this for the long haul.

I am going to go on the record here. Even though I am having to work with some of my tenants, and I still have the Mr. Smith stupidity looming, I think the worst times are behind us.

No comments: