Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Even The Good Ones Need Attention

On Monday, I basked in the knowledge I had no major tenant issues. It was a glorious day. Tuesday that changed.

My two best tenants e-mailed me Tuesday. One lost her job months ago and her situation has now reached critical mass. After discussing it with Mr. Partner we came to the conclusion she was worth keeping. Her disability starts in a few months. Things will work out.

Mr. Smith may have caused destruction to our bank balance, but not to our common sense. We started our company to help people. Mr. Partner reminded me of that yesterday. Reducing rent to cover our mortgage will will keep someone worth keeping.

The other wonderful tenant sent a note saying there was a problem with the oven and the water pressure. She talked to the water department and they explained the problem. But, she neglected to mention what the water problem really was in her e-mail. However, I gave her the name of the plumber and my appliance repair person.

This stuff used to frighten me. And, to the novice landlord it would probably be ultra-scary. Nah... this is all part of doing business. And, it sure beats some of the other things I have experienced lately.

No comments: