Tuesday, March 28, 2017

He'll Have a Crow Sandwich with a Side of Shhhugar.

So, Mr. Ex-Partner wrote an e-mail to Bliz and the Sunshines today. Of course, he only addressed Bliz and I. He didn't include Marty in his greeting, though he was CC'd on the e-mail.

He wrote to tell us that a check for Bliz's business cleared his bank account recently. The e-mail insinuated (and knowing how Mr. Ex-Partner happens to think), that somehow Bliz and I conspired, somehow hacked into his bank account and stole a piddly amount of money, because we could. His note was rude, obnoxious and solidified why I don't want to be in business with this man any more.

What really happened was that when we broke up the business, Mr. Partner owed some money to Bliz. He sent her a check. There was a major remodel at Bliz's house and the check was found this weekend. She then cashed it.

When I got his note, I decided anything I wrote back to Mr. Ex-Partner would have been as obnoxious and aggressive as he wrote to us, so I was sitting back, biding my time for Marty to do it. Meanwhile, Bliz and I were chatting. She pointed out if he reconciled his checkbook once in a while he would have noticed this prior. She even used a few swear words, which I thought was hilarious because Bliz just doesn't say those kinds of things.

In the end, Bliz wrote Mr. Ex-Partner back, explaining the oversight and gently reminding him he had written this check months ago (and no we did not conspire to steal from him). She wrote it so diplomatically, I was absolutely impressed. Of course, after knowing Bliz 30+ years, I read between the lines and totally got "Bless your heart" from the subtext. Hopefully Mr. Ex-Partner will too.

Thus far no apology from Mr. Ex-Partner. Perhaps he is too busy eating his words.

And for those of you who think Bliz should have contacted Mr. Ex-Partner sooner, maybe--I don't think so--but I am always going to stick up for my friends who are treated wrong. 

No comments: