Wednesday, March 08, 2017

A Moment for Jon

Some of the amazing people I have met in this accidental business will forever leave imprints in my memories. Some of the people I knew before this accidental business who have held my hand, poured my amaretto or just let me vent will forever leave imprints in my heart. Either way, I am grateful for all of them.

One of those (of many) who made a difference in my accidental business is the Late Attorney Jon.

I have written volumes about him in this blog and there is nothing new really to share. He was a good man, father of five, married to his college sweetheart. He was kind and humble. He had his own demons--demons which went away permanently on a July day in 2011.

Jon came from a modest background. Maybe that's why I liked him. I would like to think that may be one of the reasons he liked me. He helped me a great deal in my early days, finding investors in 2007-2008 when we were looking at expanding and growing. He gave me introductions to people in Birmingham I wouldn't have gotten otherwise, including but not limited to Legal Eagle, a loan officer who introduced me to Kirby and Jack. Jack, my former business partner, once said he wouldn't have taken me seriously if I hadn't used Jon's name. It wasn't my intention to name drop, I was just stating a fact. I had gotten Jack's name from Late Attorney Jon.

Many of those people I met through Jon went away after his death. That's ok. Maybe they went away to distance themselves, maybe they went away because our business model was changing once again. Maybe because that season of their's and our life was complete.


No comments: